Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-04 21:13:54
On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 12:53:47AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
I agree that Canada is a fairly easy country to get in and out of
(unless you have a DUI arrest) but it varies a lot so anecdotes about
entering Canada or any other country don't tell you much.

        Agreed.  When I received my NEXUS card they explicity told me
if I was traveling to a conference and was presenting that I would
require additional paperwork, possibly including a letter of invitation,
and/or a visa.  I presume if I were presenting at an IETF WG I would
check the appropriate box when registering as well and I would get
the paperwork.

        I've also been detained upon re-entering the US for more than
an hour with my entire family recently crossing the land border.  This
was not a fun experience.

        Either way, I'm waiting to hear the report from Leslie et al
from people based on the survey questions asked.  They seemed quite
comprehensive.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from
jared(_at_)puck(_dot_)nether(_dot_)net