Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-05 13:49:28
On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 03:50:50PM -0800, Melinda Shore wrote:
Here, we're talking about uncertainty about whether or not Canadian

Uncertainty and a high rate of change without public comment/review
periods is actually concerning indeed.

It's nice to see this sort of thing:

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/327246-bipartisan-bill-would-end-warrantless-searches-of-digital-devices-at

though it's probably not going to pass right away, and it wouldn't
really protect non-U.S.-persons (since other reasons could still be used
to refuse entry).

I still think that we're not likely to see much impact on IETF
participants, but it's certainly fine to schedule fewer meetings in the
U.S. for the time being until we have more experience (possibly from
other conferences' sharing theirs).

Nico