Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-05 08:26:09

Jared Mauch <jared(_at_)puck(_dot_)Nether(_dot_)net> wrote:
    > On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 12:53:47AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
    >> I agree that Canada is a fairly easy country to get in and out of
    >> (unless you have a DUI arrest) but it varies a lot so anecdotes about
    >> entering Canada or any other country don't tell you much.

    > Agreed.  When I received my NEXUS card they explicity told me
    > if I was traveling to a conference and was presenting that I would
    > require additional paperwork, possibly including a letter of invitation,
    > and/or a visa.  I presume if I were presenting at an IETF WG I would
    > check the appropriate box when registering as well and I would get
    > the paperwork.

No!  Only if you have been paid to present.
     i.e. you are Al Gore coming to talk at the Air Canada center in Toronto.

We don't do presentations like that at the IETF.
The IETF is not like most non-technical "conferences".

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-