mharc-users

Re: Procmail problem?

2002-11-17 12:05:33
I've been successfully using mharc for about a month on another netbsd
machine. It was running netbsd 1.5 and perhaps more importantly procmail
3.15.

procmail: Out of memory
buffer 0: "echo"
buffer 1: "echo yes"
From fj55-admin(_at_)birfield(_dot_)com  Sat Nov 16 18:36:45 2002
  Folder: **Bounced**
1870
procmail: Out of memory
buffer 0: "echo"
buffer 1: "echo yes"
From landcruisers-admin(_at_)birfield(_dot_)com  Sat Nov 16 18:39:30 2002
  Folder: **Bounced**
2064

Hi Morgan,

I've seen reports about problems with netbsd and procmail recipes doing
variable capture assignments with post 3.15 versions of procmail.

There are two things that I think you can try.  The first would be to
set up verbose logging; in procmailrc.mharc, uncomment the 'VERBOSE=yes'
line.  That might help track things down further.

The other would be to change the MESGDATE assignment in the procmailrc.mharc
file.  It might look like

   :0 Wi
   MESGDATE_=| /usr/local/bin/extract-mesg-date -fmt '%Y-%m'

Do things get better if you change it to

   MESGDATE_=`/usr/local/bin/extract-mesg-date -fmt '%Y-%m'`

It could probably be optimized further (at least when dealing with large
messages) by doing

   MESGDATE_=`sed '/^$/q' | /usr/local/bin/extract-mesg-date -fmt '%Y-%m'`

Chris