mharc-users

Re: Procmail problem?

2002-11-19 17:18:44
Are you sure.

  :0
  HAVEMATCH=`echo yes`

And the message got delivered to a mailbox called "HAVEMATCH=yes".
It appears that the pipe is mandatory if you do not want processing
terminated:

  :0 Wih
  HAVEMATCH=|echo yes

I had a typo in my earlier message.  Sorry about that.  If you change it

   :0
   { HAVEMATCH=`echo yes` }

then it should work as expected.

PROCMAILRC(5) says:

   If a non-delivering  recipe  is  found  to match, processing of the
   rcfile will continue after the action line  of  this  recipe  has
   been executed.

   Non-delivering recipes are: those that cause the output of a
   program or filter to be captured  back   by  procmail  or those
   that start a nesting block.

So if the variable is assigned, it will continue on.  So my original
recipe should have been

   :0
   * ? test ! -d $MBOXROOT/.catch
   { MKDIR = `mkdir -m 755 -p $MBOXROOT/.catch` }

Argh.  I always overedit my emails and break things.  :)

Chris