mharc-users

Re: Procmail problem?

2002-11-19 12:34:16
 :0
 * ? test ! -d $MBOXROOT/.catch
 `mkdir -m 755 -p $MBOXROOT/.catch`

The procmail manpages did not mention the use of `cmd` (although
I do see it used in the procmailex manpage), but I was not sure of
the operational sematics of using them.  I'm assuming that the recipe
you gave will not cause rule processing to terminate?

Right.  It will only terminate if delivery was successful to a file or
to a pipe.  To be syntactically correct, it probably should be

  :0
  * ? test ! -d $MBOXROOT/.catch
  MKDIR = `mkdir -m 755 -p $MBOXROOT/.catch`

A variable assignment isn't treated as delivery, so it just continues
through to the next recipe.

Chris