mharc-users

Re: Procmail problem?

2002-11-20 14:20:49
Since I now got you, one more question, take the following:

    ## mharc-users
    :0
    * ^TO_mharc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org
    {
      :0
      { HAVEMATCH=`echo yes` }

      :0
      { CMDEXC_=`mkdir -m 755 -p $MBOXROOT/mharc-users` }

      :0 Wih
      MESGDATE_=| extract-mesg-date -fmt '%Y-%m'

      :0 c:
      $MBOXROOT/mharc-users/$MESGDATE_
    }

Now, is the final 'c' flag needed?  The desire is to make sure that
the message is processed since the message could be a cross-post, so
each list being archived should get it.

Without having set up mharc it's tough for me to say, but won't the
procmailrc file be called once for each list regardless?  If not, then
yes, you'd need that final 'c' flag.  The annoying thing is that it
spawns another copy in memory with each succesful delivery, so any time
that it matches you'll have two copies of the message taking up system
resources.  That's usually not a problem, but...

One other nit...  The first line with ^TO_ should probably be

   * ^TO_mharc-users(_at_)mhonarc\(_dot_)org
                            ^
Note the escaped period.

P.S. If you ever got that Procmail book out, I would have definitely
picked up a copy :-)

O'Reilly nixed the idea.  My editor quit, so a couple of days later I
got a rather impersonal letter asking for the advance back and informing
me that they were no longer interested.  Granted, I was taking a while,
but they weren't providing stellar editorial services either.  :)  I'd
still be interested in doing one, but I have larger priorities in my
life that would have to take precedence.  So don't hold your breath...

Chris