mhonarc-users

Re: no add on WinNT

1997-08-11 09:04:10
I can't get MHonarc to create a new archive list under Windows NT v3.51.  My
mail messages exist in a separate directory as individual files *.msg.
Using this command line; "perl mhonarc\mhonarc -add -outdir W:\maillist
*.msg" will give a message; "Reading B00000000.msg, Reading B00000001.msg,
etc. . . no new messages".  I suspect that my mail is not in a format
recognized by MHonarc.  The documentation makes reference to "mbox" format,
but donesn't explain what it is.  Am I on the right track?  If so, how do I
get my mail into a format recognized by MHonarc?  EMWAC v0.9 is our mail
server (SMTP, POP3) and Eudora v1.5.2 is the mail client.  TIA.

It looks like you are invoking MHonArc incorrectly.  Try something
like the following:

    perl mhonarc\mhonarc -add -mhpattern '\.msg$' W:\maillist

Double check the MHPATTERN resource for more information.