mhonarc-users

Re: I need an application to manage texts with MHonArc...

1998-06-05 10:36:50
On June 5, 1998 at 08:17, "Steve Pacenka" wrote:

One way to get the text files into a format that MHonArc can understand is
to email the files to yourself, one per message.

MHonArc expects its input files to be structured as specified in RFC822.
Header lines (where the To:, From:, Subject: etc come from) followed by a
blank line followed by the body text.  Look at a raw email message header to
see what these look like.  I believe that MHonArc only needs a Message-ID:
line and a Subject: line in the header to function adequately.

There is no message header that mhonarc requires to do its job.
Message-IDs are not required (a feature that has existed since the
intial code base due to personal needs).  MHonArc will warn if no data
can be determined, but mhonarc will still handle the message (local
current time is assumed).

If I am not mistaken, an empty message header (ie. only the EOL
sequence that separates the header from the body) can exist and mhonarc
will handle it.

        --ewh