mhonarc-users

Re: I need an application to manage texts with MHonArc...

1998-06-09 22:42:50
On June 9, 1998 at 09:37, Roberto Del Bianco wrote:

There is no message header that mhonarc requires to do its job.
Message-IDs are not required (a feature that has existed since the
intial code base due to personal needs).  MHonArc will warn if no data
can be determined, but mhonarc will still handle the message (local
current time is assumed).

So simple texts can also be converted? Mmmhh.. I'll try today.
But how will be built the date and thread index pages?

To make the indexes useful you need headers that MHonArc keys
off of.

But an interesting further application, will be the conversion of simple
documents, already stored in archive, in order to be read too by Web.

If this is the case, things like threads is not applicable.

If MHonArc will do this job too, I'll be happy... but my doubt is "how index
pages will be built, whithout any subject, "To:" and date informations?"...

If data is not present, current date/time is used.  You want to
preprocess the files to put certain headers to generate a useful

If I am not mistaken, an empty message header (ie. only the EOL
sequence that separates the header from the body) can exist and mhonarc
will handle it.

Ah! What's the meaning? Is EOL a LF perhaps? But LFs into the body, will be al
so
treated as message separators?

The rules for what separates messages are different than what separates
message headers from their bodies.  RFC 822 governs the format of
individual messages.  Look at MSGSEP resource for how messages are
separated if contained in a UUCP-style mailbox file.  If each
message is in a separate file (like MH folders), than the files
themselves impose the separation (see MHPATTERN).

        --ewh