mhonarc-users

Re: Idea for the future

2000-12-02 11:15:32
Hi John,

 DBI is a perl package that is able to hide something of which
 database you are using, so that you can switch between them.

I see.

 PHP,coldfusion and such languages are designed to make it "easy"
 to get at data in a database.

 Visual Basic + ASP on NT systems is designed to be able to do the
 same thing.

At present, I tend to use JScript(ECMA)/ASP and ADO.

 But I have always found NT mail processing to be substandard
 and so I have stayed away from it for this type of thing.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean Perl parsers aren't as quick on
NT or that NT is not very good as a mail server?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)