mhonarc-users

Re: Idea for the future

2000-12-03 15:50:34
Hi Claire,

Potential, yes: but it'll take a long time to realise that potential.

I don't really agree with that; we're already building apps with the
latest XML SDK, not only order processing, but also using XMLHTTP to do
incremental scripted downloads of database updates in conjunction with
ADO streams to save to disk.

If Nielsen's estimates are even partially correct, it'll be several
years more before we can rely on XML-compliant browswers

Hmm, I never thought about the browser side. I tend to be working on
server side at present. I think XML "data islands" do work in IE5
though, I'll check it out.

being
sufficiently widespread to allow the use of XML without shutting out
lot of users.

But can't you use active scripting to render the results of back-end XML
processing into "normal" HTML?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)