From: Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>
On September 16, 2003 at 14:04, "Nunayo Bizniz" wrote:
> Looks like strftime() on the UK system is the problem. I disabled
> POSIXSTRFTIME and I get the correct results. Any suggestions on what
> be wrong with strftime()? I was hoping to use the system version so that
> can use the %s (seconds since epoch) format in the date to create a
Doing some searches on Google, it appears there are some known problem
with strftime in older versons of perl, but I do not know if they
are relevant for your case. I did not look to much into possible
bugs with glibc, but it may be possible. More investigation is
needed to see if it is glibc or perl, like writing a C program and
a comparable Perl program and checking the results. If it is perl,
you'd still need to upgrade to the latest and test against it to
see if the bug still exists.
Now that I know what to look for I also find posts describing the problem
exactly using this older version of perl.
If you can elaborate more on your "timestamp" needs, possible
work-arounds can be developed.
I use Swish-E for a search engine. To search by date ranges it requires a
message timestamp in seconds-since-the-epoch. It doesn't understand anything
Of course, patching MHonArc to support more % sequences is an option.
I like this option best. Please add %s : )
I'll ask about upgrading perl, but I get the impression that might be asking
too much. And maybe I'll see if I can figure out how to add %s to MHonArc if
this isn't something you plan to do.
Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage.