Re: [Nmh-workers] things still to fix for this release?

2005-11-09 08:50:42
pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:
Jon Steinhart wrote:
In the meantime, I'd rather
concentrate on fixing critical things so that we can get the release out.

We could create a branch on CVS if anyone really does have time for
something new.

So, what have we still got to fix? I hope this list is useful; it seemed
a good idea to me to at least collect things together in one place. Perhaps

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3913
 -- post.c doesn't do sasl auth when sending messages with bcc in the header
 (patch looks pretty sensible to me, although I haven't tested it)

I haven't got a suitable setup to test that either. Same goes for the
other SASL related fix.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=739
 -- Makefile needs .PHONY targets so it works properly on MacOS X

.PHONY is a GNU make specific feature. We need to make the install target
depend on something that will either be newer than the INSTALL file or
that won't conflict with an existing real file.

How about doing this in Makefile.in:
  -install uninstall:
  +install: all
  +       for subdir in $(SUBDIRS); do \
  +         (cd $$subdir && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@) || exit 1; \
  +       done
  +
  +uninstall:
Any better suggestions?

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7833
 -- install-mh is a cross-device link on AFS

I'll commit that one (removing the link instead of using a symlink)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7917
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14738
 -- post is trying to lock /dev/null so blocks for 30secs+
 (the last of these includes a patch -- is it sane?)

The patch doesn't look sane to me. I don't know enough about it but I
expect that it shouldn't be trying to lock /dev/null in the first place
and if it is doing locking, it is doing it for a reason so removing the
locking may cause another problem.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9032
 -- a prototype in aliasbr.h just says () not (char*)

We should probably remove all the #ifdef MMDFMTS stuff too.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=3769
 -- configure not finding things on MacOS X

I couldn't reproduce this on the sourceforge compile farm Darwin
machine. Can anyone using MacOS X confirm?

Oliver