[Nmh-workers] things still to fix for this release?

2005-11-09 05:19:01
Jon Steinhart wrote:
In the meantime, I'd rather
concentrate on fixing critical things so that we can get the release out.

So, what have we still got to fix? I hope this list is useful; it seemed
a good idea to me to at least collect things together in one place. Perhaps
we could do this by setting priorities on savannah bug entries, but I didn't
have time to learn a new BTS... Anyway, yell if I've missed anything.

Places I looked:
 * Savannah bug tracker
 * Savannah patch tracker
 * Debian BTS
 * Fedora BTS

Places I haven't looked:
 * archives of this mailing list (sorry, I ran out of time this morning :-))

Important:

These are things that seem to me to be either significant or very
easy to fix, so should be thrown in before we do a release:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3913
 -- post.c doesn't do sasl auth when sending messages with bcc in the header
 (patch looks pretty sensible to me, although I haven't tested it)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=739
 -- Makefile needs .PHONY targets so it works properly on MacOS X

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7833
 -- install-mh is a cross-device link on AFS

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7917
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=14738
 -- post is trying to lock /dev/null so blocks for 30secs+
 (the last of these includes a patch -- is it sane?)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9032
 -- a prototype in aliasbr.h just says () not (char*)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9721
 -- ill-formatted mail causes core dumps in matchc()

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9863
 -- dotlocking broken (includes patch)

The buffer overrun in parse_address() if you scan -width 16536

Maybes:

These are things that I think ought to be fixed if anybody happens
to come up with a decent patch before release; but if not, tough.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=666
 -- corrupt headers make scan and sortm misbehave (non-fatally)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=3769
 -- configure not finding things on MacOS X

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=788
 -- mailfile locking not right on MacOS X

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9813
 -- rmf crashes if context doesn't have Current-Folder
 (probably an easy fix but perhaps borderline worthwhile)

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9864
 -- SASL not working
 (bug has patch so if anybody has the setup to reproduce...)

-- PMM