Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple folders to rcvstore

2005-11-08 20:42:13
Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org> wrote:

   1 Rcvstore used to screw up sequences and it was a hard problem to
     fix.  Has it been fixed now?

This isn't really rcvstore's fault. AFAIUI, *all* the
sequence-manipulating nmh commands have the potential to screw this
up, it's just that you wouldn't often have a user manually causing
this kind of mutual update. rcvstore gets the bad rap only because it
executes `automatically'.

Yes, I saw that in the code earlier.  The sendmail model is to deliver
all mail in sync with it's delivery on the mail server.  That is the
main reason I switched to a polling model with my scripts.  I poll for
mail every couple of minutes, and when I manually request it.  I have
some locking in my scripts, but with NFS that gets difficult.

We should still attempt to address this in nmh since it is a real
problem.  A user could be running scripts that manipulate sequences as
the same time as reading mail.

Thanks.

Jeff

--