Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple folders to rcvstore

2005-11-08 13:51:05
You wrote:

On AFS, the network filesystem I've used in the past to store my messages,
you
can't hard-link between two different folders.  I'm not sure what nmh will
do
if you tell it to create a link and it can't create a hard link.  If it
falls
back to symlinks, then one of the locations is privileged.

This reminds me: one of the bugs that ought to be fixed before the next
release is the following in uip/Makefile.in:
      $(LN) $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/install-mh   $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/install-mh

This fails for AFS file systems as well as for anyone that happens to
use a different filesystem for the libdir and bindir. It is Debian bug
#238456 and also appears on Savannah.

The obvious fix is to use a soft link but can we just remove the link?
Is install-mh needed in $(libdir)? The Debian patch comments the line
out. I thought that the link was needed because commands automatically
run install-mh if .mh_profile doesn't exist but it seems that I'm wrong
there and it just prompts the user instead.

Oliver

I'd vote for getting rid it.  It's a holdover from the days when install-mh
was in lib and was automatically invoked.