Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple folders to rcvstore

2005-11-08 12:35:52
I don't understand why you need to privilege any of the locations. I imagine
that rcvstore will simply take the list of folders, create a message in the
any arbitrary one, and create links in any additional folders. None of the
locations are privileged. (Let's ignore how sequences would be specified, for
now). To the filesystem, all links are identical; there is no preferred link.

On AFS, the network filesystem I've used in the past to store my messages, you
can't hard-link between two different folders.  I'm not sure what nmh will do
if you tell it to create a link and it can't create a hard link.  If it falls
back to symlinks, then one of the locations is privileged.