Re: [Nmh-workers] some indexing results

2011-02-08 09:03:39
On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:13:21 GMT, Paul Vixie said:

1. mhshow should not exist, we should merge its functionality into show.

Amen.

2. mhstore should not exist, we should merge its functionality into burst.

Amen.

+1 to both, but in the defense of the original author ... there was
significant disagreement (and there still is to a lesser degree) as to
how we should integrate MIME functionality into nmh; I view
mhshow/mhstore as a compromise where we could get some working
functionality and see what is useful and what is not.

3. text/plain with long lines should be word wrapped (via "fmt" or similar.)

This is a sticky one.  The MIME spec includes "flowed text", which I'm
perfectly OK with word wrapping.   But you start word-wrapping mail that
contains patches and other non-flowed text, there *will* be blood shed. ;)

+1 here.  I think the big issue is with MIME flowed text; fossils like
me that still use vi already word-wrap at the right number of columns.
Although better handling of word wrap for replies sure would be nice.