Re: [Nmh-workers] some indexing results

2011-02-08 20:03:51
<kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

 > > I found "par" to work nicely when I wanted to get things perfect- turn
 > > off wrap margins in vi, remove all the extra CRs, write the reply,
 > > toss the text through par, and the end result had the word wraps done
 > > right for both the quoted and new text. Been a while since I had to do
 > > it, so I may have missed a detail or two.
 > >
 >
 > Where would I find "par"? It seems not to be on my system, nor in
 > any package my package manager knows about, and there's an unfortunate
 > name collision with a file parity checker, so it's hard to search for.

i think it's this one:
   http://www.nicemice.net/par/

Correct. I needed to check my home system to double check.

My home Ubuntu system showed that it was installed from a repository,
and I found rpms when I poked at http://rpm.pbone.net. I'd assume the
various *BSDs have it too in their ports collections.

As long as you don't leave quoted "blank" lines (which this message
has), it'll handle quotes pretty well.