Re: [Nmh-workers] [exmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.5 is now available

2012-05-07 14:52:25

On 7 May 2012 at 14:16, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>wrote:

Does the spool file contain them?

I found one email in the spool just now where a LinkedIn email
doesn't start with a "From " line.  One of the post-inc emails that
was concatenated also had trailing LinkedIn content.  The other
concatenated emails were not related to LinkedIn.

It's starting to look coincidental, as opposed to causal, with my
nmh upgrade.

Thanks....

Impossible for me to tell after the 'inc' as the spool file is
empty.  When my email notifier (xlbiff*) pops up I'll have a look
at the spool prior to 'inc'.  At a rate of 3/44 with issues I
ought to be able to catch this in a day or two.

Looking at the code .... m_getfld() uses a simple algorithm.  If the first
line of the mailbox starts with "From ", it assumes a BSD-style mailbox.
Otherwise, it assums a MMDF delimiter (4 ^As).

AFAICT, this code has been unchanged since forever.  You don't need
multiple messages; you can just look at one message in your mailbox.
If it's got a "From " header as the first line, then I'm stumped.
If it doesn't ...  well, I don't really know how it ever worked
before :-/

--
Kevin