Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld

2012-12-09 19:52:59
Agreed. Also get rid of the vax string search. String.h should have
something you can use. No modern compiler is generating special
instructions for the string search we're doing in getfld now. We have a
decent shot at compiler awareness of what we're doing if we call ANSI
and posix apis instead of the vax specific ones from days of yore.

If we're talking about matchc() ... that's just strstr(), right?

You know ... I know nmh is terrible about this, but 0x00 IS a valid character
in email, right?  We don't deal with that in all kinds of ways, but without
lengths in strstr() we have no hope of dealing with it.  I'm perfectly willing
to punt on this for now, though.

Hm ... RFC 5322 says that the valid range is 1-127.  I suppose if you had a
message using 8bit, then 0x00 would be valid.  Sigh.