Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld

2012-12-10 01:56:05
[2012-12-10 08:40] markus schnalke <meillo(_at_)marmaro(_dot_)de>
[2012-12-09 18:59] Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
Yes, but by "different purposes" I was thinking how scan
digs back into the IO buffers.  Though maybe that won't
be necessary any more.

I had forgotten about that.  Okay, looking at that now .... alright,
that's not as nasty as I thought.  All it does is to use the output
stdio buffer as the input buffer for m_getfld() so we can avoid an extra
copy.  Can we all agree that's not necessary anymore, and the resulting
performance gain is probably miniscule?  If so, I can simply get rid of
that garbage now.

Just one word about performance:

I've removed the ``dig into internal IO buffers'' stuff in March and
noticed no performance loss. See
http://git.marmaro.de/?p=mmh;a=commitdiff;h=d7b4f0034bc4f5b5c2f990d0984858e9b6f4131a

Ups sorry. That was just one of the several ``dig into interal IO
buffers'' places. Sorry for the noise. :-/

meillo