Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh not using w3n or elinks

2014-05-15 16:38:04

On May 15, 2014, at 7:09, norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org wrote:

I installed w3n and elinks but nmh is not using them:

Given all the grief people have been experiencing getting HTML rendering tools
to work, perhaps we should consider importing Plan9's htmlfmt(1) and using it
as the default renderer.

It performs *very* basic rendering of HTML, but in practice it seems to work
well enough to get the gist of the message across.

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/1/fmt

Note that there are patches available that address the table formatting bug.

--lyndon