Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-17 18:47:31

Well, sure. That's why I said, "To me the value ...". Emphasis on
the "to me" part.

No worries.  That's why I added the smiley to the end of that
sentence...

Here's my core point: if you want to do this, please, feel free!

I'm sure that I will at some point soon.  I don't operate well in a
vacuum, so 1) I try to not reinvent the wheel, and 2) I like when I can
add value to something that already exists.  The trick is to track down
what is out there...

I can only say that at least for iCloud, there's a web interface which
should work from anything.

Can you deploy your own app to the iCloud, or are you limited to what
Apple has provided?  And am I correct in believing that Apple removed
public access from everything when they moved away from mac.com/me.com?
Put a different way, can you publish a subset of your information for
others to access?

Personally, I want something that is at least superficially independent
of the major evil empires.  (Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, pick your
poison.  FWIW, I use them all in some capacity.)  I don't have anything
in particular against any one of them more than any other, but I don't
really gravitate towards any one of them either.

At one point, I started to set up my own Chandler Hub server.  I still
plan to set up some kind of server, but it will probably be on a VPS or
one of the cloud services like Heroku, or maybe I'll just try something
out on one of my existing web sites (so it won't cost any extra)...

Regards,
Doug