Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user

2014-11-19 14:03:03
I ... am not the expert there (although I have no idea what "deploy an app
to iCloud" really means).

It means that you would be able to put your own service on the iCloud
and be able to access it from some kind of client (web browser, phone or
tablet app, command line, etc).

So I guess I don't know what it means to put a "service" on iCloud.  Can
you write an app that stores data in iCloud so other apps can access it?
Yes, definitely.  Is that a "service"?  I personally wouldn't call it
that, but others have their own ideas.

I have, and despise, an iPad. (Where the heck is shift-click anyway?

Sigh, "press and hold".

Hmm, tried that, didn't work.  What am I missing?  My use case is that
I'm reading email and I want to select a range of messages and delete
them.  Normally, I would select the first one, then shift-click the last
one...

Well, I don't read mail on my tablet much (because I'm using nmh), but
at least most of the Apple apps have an interaction where you can hit
"Edit" and quickly select a bunch of messages and delete them.  I just
checked and Apple Mail has that (there's also a "Mark All" button).  I
think that's perhaps the best you can get on a touchscreen interface.