nmh-workers

Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

2015-04-25 06:02:41
Hi Ralph,

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:56:31 +0100 Ralph Corderoy
<ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> sez:

Hi Bob,

In case it's relevant and not been considered yet, the options for a
subscriber to a Mailman list include

    Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

    When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
    message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing
    list.  Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list;
    select No to receive copies.

    If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect
    to receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header
    added to it.

        [x]  No
        [ ]  Yes

Thanks for pointing this out to me!  I likely went through these
options when I first subscribed all those years ago.  If any new
ones have appeared, then they're set to whatever the default
setting is.

In particular, "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" is in fact
set to "Yes."  I have changed that to "No," so I should start
receiving duplicates (if people reply to me and the list).

On the other hand, there are 2 options which don't appear to be
working as expected:

     *  Receive your own posts to the list?  [Set to "Yes."]

        I've not received copies of my own posts for a long time.

     *  Get password reminder email for this list?  [Set to "Yes."]

        I've not received reminders for a long time either.

P.S.  Sorry to poke a fire that's out, but I really like Andy's
left-and-right-justified text.

Sorry, but this is foul:

Or  is  it the  list  server,  seeing that  one  of  the list's  email
addresses is in the header, deciding not to send a (duplicate) copy to
it?

I'm   bordering   on
skipping       those
emails    and   only
reading        their
content  if  I can't
get  the  gist  from
any replies.  :â??(

I understand this is not to everyone's taste.  I guess growing up
on man pages warped mine.  B-)

                                Bob