Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

2015-04-25 20:04:35
On a related note, I did receive 2 copies of this message.  The
one directly from Andy was received by GMail about a minute
before the one via the mailing list.  And GMail assigned both of
them to the same (long-running) thread in "conversation view."
No surprise yet.

What was surprising (and this happened with previous emails that
Andy sent me this way) is that GMail's reader displays the first
one normally -- in particular, it changes the font color of just
the quoted text (to indicate that it's quoted) -- but it treats
the *entire* *body* in the second copy as quoted text.  (In the
latter case, I guess because there's so much "quoted" text, GMail
substitutes a clickable "..." button, which you can click to
expand the hidden text.)  So GMail clearly detected *something*.

On 25 Apr 2015 12:20:19 -0600 "Andy Bradford"
<amb-sendok-1432578019(_dot_)jgiameoibinjnbdcdcdp(_at_)bradfords(_dot_)org> sez: