Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man

2017-03-24 05:28:45
Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
I really think this is going completely overboard. We don't need
to plaster the string 'nmh' on every last piece of text. 'man nmh'
(and 'apropos nmh') already turn up the nmh(7) manpage, which
cross-references all the rest. Or should we paste the string 'Unix' into
every system manpage?

And none of these cosmetic changes should be updating the date field.
From the README.manpages:

Dates

        The DATE in the .TH macro should reflect the most recent
        *non-trivial* update to the *content* of the manpage; formatting
        changes don't count. Spell out the date (no abbreviations or
        shortcuts):

We - you, David and I - went through this on this list already. I,
ultimately, took David's advice, which backed up his many requests
to me to change the dates. If you and he want to slug it out and
declare consensus, I will be guided by that.