nmh-workers

Re: I'm confused

2019-12-06 12:53:34
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
What with the flurry of Email's I'm confused. Do you have an nmh configur=
ation
that will let me use inc to fetch Email from Gmail without dumping core,
and let me use send to send  Email to Gmail without post hanging?

If so would you be willing to send it to me, again?

Let's work on one problem at a time (post hanging ... I'm not sure what
is going wrong there, yet).

Create a .netrc in your home directory with the following line:

machine pop.gmail.com login Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com password foobar

Or, whatever goes in for "foobar" above.  Note the .netrc file must be
mode 600 (chmod 600 .netrc).

Then try:

% inc -host pop.gmail.com -port 995 -initialtls -sasl -user Normanzalmonsh=
apiro@Gmail.com

And see what that does.

It yielded:

inc: no mail to incorporate

That makes no sense, but it's a problem that I will have to deal with.

As a test, I replaced "Normanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com" with
"xNormanzalmonshapiro@Gmail.com". That yielded, as expeceted:

inc: Authentication failed: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

So it looks like maybe it's working.

But it will be useless until the post hanging  problem is solved.

    Norman Shapiro