nmh-workers

Re: Scan all folders for unseen messages

2019-12-26 13:25:56
    Date:        Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:13:26 -0500
    From:        aalinovi@riseup.net

  | Is there any way to scan all folders at once to determine which have new
  | unseen messages

Try "new" ... of course using this assumes that the new messages have
correctly been added to "unseen" (or some other equivalent sequence)
when added (that is, that procmail is saving messages using rcvstore, not
its internal MH folder understanding, which does not understand sequences).

I use both methods from procmail ... rcvstore for folders where I want to
be told about new messages, and direct store for those (eg: "spam" where I
don't).

And while "new" works, personally I prefer using a local shell script which
tries the folders I care about one at a time, stopping at the first one (or
those) which has unseen messages, which makes it easier to prioritize the
order in which I look at them.

kre