Re: Is nmh suitable for managing multiple email accounts?

2021-03-10 08:44:57
Hi Michael,

The problem with SPF records and local SMTP relays is when you have a
google, yahoo, etc. account.  Your SMTP relay will not be listed in
their SPF record, and so your emails *will* be marked as forgeries.

Is that correct?  If I write an email with nmh here which claims to be
from a Gmail address then I can have it relay through several hops as
long as it finally gets passed to Gmail to continue the delivery as a
‘smart host’.  And Gmail won't check SPF on receiving that email because
the relay handing it over will have authenticated as me.

The relay to which Gmail hands the email can check the SPF for Gmail and
will find its passes.

--
Cheers, Ralph.