Re: Is nmh suitable for managing multiple email accounts?

2021-03-07 22:58:55
"Andy Bradford" <amb-xmhe@bradfords.org> writes:
Thus said Michael Richardson on Sun, 07 Mar 2021 14:04:18 -0500:
But that doesn't work anymore unless you control the DNS for all zones
in question, and can set up SPF correctly. (Mostly, that actually does
apply to me)

As  a  counterpoint, I  have  never  setup  SPF  and generally  have  no
problems. I  do, however,  control the DNS.  As a  counter counterpoint,
however, not many people run their own email anymore. :-)

FWIW, I find that checking SPF is a pretty useful component of your spam
filtering strategy (if you are one of the holdouts who do still run your
own mail server).  For me it bounces a couple of obvious forgeries per day
on average, which may not seem like a lot considering that the spamhaus
and spamcop blacklists bounce a couple thousand per day ... but as a
fraction of the junk that gets past my other filters, it's fairly
significant.  If more people advertised SPF records for their domains,
it'd be even better.

                        regards, tom lane