Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 04:49:54
My debian distro looks for such things in /etc/mailcap.  I'd look there first.

Thanks!

...but I suspect that may be a Clupea harengus of the crimson variety :-),
partly because it was last modified more than a year ago:

   $ ls -l /etc/mailcap
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 272 May  5  2020 /etc/mailcap

...but mostly because it's almost empty:

   $ cat /etc/mailcap
   ###
   ### Begin Red Hat Mailcap
   ###

   audio/*; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s

   image/*; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s

   application/msword; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s
   application/pdf; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s
   application/postscript ; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s

   text/html; /usr/bin/xdg-open %s ; copiousoutput

I'm not going to speculate on why an Arch-derived distribution has an
/etc/mailcap sourced from Red Hat. :-/

Just for fun I tried

   $ /usr/bin/xdg-open /tmp/session2.mp3

I'm not sure why xdg-open decided that I want to open .mp3 files in
clementine (that's a question for another time), but in fact it did
so with no output other than debug messages from clementine (and why
so many debug messages are emitted is also a question for another
time).

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff      |
Montreal, QC, Canada | For clarity in writing, be careful about
smw@smwonline.ca     | word selection.  For example, never
http://smwonline.ca  | utilize 'utilize' when you can use 'use'.