Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 05:04:04
Also .deb files just install on Arch, no? (been a long time since I had
one.)

No, Arch uses its own package manager:

   https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/pacman

Details for the file package in Arch are here:

   https://archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/file/

The current version is 5.40-3, and Ralph is right:  the current version
for the same package in Manjaro (which sources packages from Arch, but
releases them from its own repositories after testing) is 5.38-3.

It's 6:02 am in this timezone and I definitely need sleep, but the next
thing to try is to grab the 5.40 package from Arch and see what happens.

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff      |
Montreal, QC, Canada | "If you're not part of the solution,
smw@smwonline.ca     |  you're part of the precipitate."
http://smwonline.ca  |