Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 11:17:02
In a message of Wed, 12 May 2021 07:55:56 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
Manjaro is based on Arch linux, and Arch linux is based on debian.
My debian distro looks for such things in /etc/mailcap.  I'd look there first.

Just for the record .... nmh (and MH before it) has never directly used
the mailcap file.  Arguably, it SHOULD, but it does not (I am aware
there are some distribution bundles of nmh which are configured to call
programs which use the mailcap file to try to figure out which helper
program to use, but in my experience none of those work very well).

--Ken

Oh goodness.  I had no idea.  And here I have been happily editing /etc/mailcap
every time somebody sends me something I cannot read, adding a rule about how to
read it, and smiling contentedly when nmh starts being able to read it properly.

Where should I have been adding such rules, if not there, then?

Laura