Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 12:39:34
On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:58:23 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:
Oh goodness.  I had no idea.  And here I have been happily editing
/etc/mailcap
every time somebody sends me something I cannot read, adding a rule about
how to
read it, and smiling contentedly when nmh starts being able to read it
properly.

Where should I have been adding such rules, if not there, then?

$HOME/.mailcap

There's no HARM in you putting entries there.  But nmh doesn't read that
file either.

Which raises the question - what is getting into the path so when Laura
adds entries to /etc/mailcap, things start working for her?