Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 12:45:23
Ken wrote:

Really, you want to look at mhn.defaults.  That's what nmh uses, and that
has been the ONLY thing that it uses.  mhshow(1) has the details.

Well, that depends.  If your nmh was configured with a mimetypeproc,
then that will be tried first.  See the paragraph containing
Content-Type in the send(1) man page.  My nmh build shows:

    $ mhparam mimetypeproc
    file --brief --dereference --mime-type

So, it tries to use that file(1) command before falling back to
mhn.defaults.  Implementation details are in m4/mimetype.m4 and
sbr/mime_type.[hc].

With that file command, you can add custom entries to a ~/.magic file,
though I have not had to do that for a long time.

David