X/browser-based mime-types

2021-05-12 15:54:03

Speaking about mhshow.

While I usually use mh-e, and it's internal html viewer, there are times when
it just fails, or I really want to use my regular browser.

I do this in .mh_profile via:
  mhshow-show-text/html: google-chrome '%f'

although sometimes the file goes missing before the browser can display it.
(It won't do that to me now that I try to reproduce it...)

But, I also login to my desktop from my laptop via ssh (and
X-forwarding-challenged mosh, sigh).  Has anyone come up with
version of "open this URL" (or open this file) that will talk through the
forwarded X connection, and get *that* browser to open the link,
rather than use some browser shortcut that opens it on the wrong desktop?