Re: mhbuild: extraneous information in message

2021-05-12 12:00:00
Oh goodness.  I had no idea.  And here I have been happily editing
/etc/mailcap
every time somebody sends me something I cannot read, adding a rule about
how to
read it, and smiling contentedly when nmh starts being able to read it
properly.

Where should I have been adding such rules, if not there, then?

$HOME/.mailcap

There's no HARM in you putting entries there.  But nmh doesn't read that
file either.

Really, you want to look at mhn.defaults.  That's what nmh uses, and that
has been the ONLY thing that it uses.  mhshow(1) has the details.