perl-unicode

Re: Tk804 + Encode-1.50 :-) again

2002-04-19 14:02:56
Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)dan(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> writes:
On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 03:45 , Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
p4 integrated to //depot/perlio for testing.

Without any changes to Tk804 things improved a bit - only the JP.t and
KR.t
tests were failing, and those not failing as badly.

I though I relocated perlio-related test in them to t/perlio.t.  Is
there any left?

I meant Tk's JP.t and KR.t (Which _display_ copies of the same data files
that Encode uses/used.)

I was a little surprised that Encode/encode.h gets installed in lib
rather than archlib/CORE but can live with that (makes a kind of sense
it is architecture neutral - but perl.h et. al. go elsewhere).
The snag here is that Makefile.PL has added -I to find perl.h, so I
have to
#include <../../Encode/encode.h>
which is portability issue as there is no certainty that lib / archlib
relative paths work like that. Will tweak Tk's Makefile.PL "configure"
to hunt down encode.h.

I wonder if there is more sensible way to install NON-PM files to
PERL5LIB.  For the time being it is at the mercy of MM.

One can arrange to install things almost anywhere - with enough MM overrides.

I am _NOT suggesting this is right thing to do but Tk itself
installs its .h files via:

sub MY::post_initialize
{
 $dir = $self->catdir('$(INST_ARCHLIBDIR)','pTk');
 push(@{$self->{'dir_targets'}},$dir);
 foreach $name (sort(@{$self->{H}},keys %files))
  {
   $self->{PM}->{$name} = $self->catfile($dir,$name);
  }
}

I have no idea (not having done a Tk install recently) if that still
works with new MM.

Will do a spelling patch on the pod(s) when I get a chance.

Yes, please.  Emacs doesn't do spellcheck-as-you-type like recent
mailers in MacOS and Windows :)  (I know you can spellcheck in Emacs but
I am not sure if it is a good idea to to do so in .pm).

Hmm, project for ptked - spell check in a POD-aware manner ;-)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/