perl-unicode

[Encode] Dark Side of the Emacs Modes [Was: Re: Tk804 ...]

2002-04-19 14:28:02
On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 05:38 , Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 04:27:15AM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
Yes, please.  Emacs doesn't do spellcheck-as-you-type like recent
mailers in MacOS and Windows :) (I know you can spellcheck in Emacs but
I am not sure if it is a good idea to to do so in .pm).

You underestimate the power of the dark side.

M-x flyspell-mode

I knew something like this existed but never checked the mode name :)
Hmm.... Requires ispell... Piece of cake with portupgrade (could be the most widely used ruby program in (Free)BSD world).... Oh man! you're right! It even supports mouse (but I usually use emacs only via tty). But how about perl jargons? "automagical"....Ni! "barewords"....Ni!.... Hmm. This mode needs some more education :) Thanks. More than 10 years w/ Emacs and still lost in modes....

Definitely part of the dark side because here it defaults to American.

Does it correct pronunciation of the Britons so "CAN'T do that" sounds less obscene :?

And then refuses to start because I don't have American dictionaries
installed. ispell has no problem "just running" and finding the correct
dictionaries.

Dan the Emacs User, not Elisp Hacker
^^^^^pretty funny. MacOS X Mail underline this but not
                                     "Emacs".  Is it smart enough to scan $PATH
and make them
                                        correct?