By the time you read this you must have just awake.
On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 07:07 , Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
Near line 181 of Encode.xs (tail of main while loop):
/* settle variables when fallback */
dlen = SvCUR(dst);
d = (U8*)SvPVX(dst) + dlen;
s = (U8*)SvPVX(src) + sdone;
slen = tlen - sdone;
When calling do_encode() at top of loop dlen is supposed to be number
of bytes _available_ at d, and you have it as number of bytes _used_.
So if we have used most of it and then insert a fallback do_encode()
will zoom off the end of the SV.
I think (too late here for morning person like me to think well) that
d = (U8 *) SvEND(dst);
dlen = SvLEN(dst) - ddone - 1;
is closer to correct ..
I changed Encode.xs accordingly and t/fallback says it is okay. Please
tell me if this will fix the problem you found. With this and Autrijus
new ucm problem resolved, I'll go ahead release 1.51.