Re: Another good one for your Procmail spam filter

1997-04-12 14:30:00
We've established that this is a good way to get a FROM header.

FROM=`formail -rtz -x "To:"`

ie. generate a reply and pick out the To:

it is my understanding that formail will only "canacolize" the mailing
address when you're generating a auto response header. is that correct?

With this bcc: approach I need to do something similar but in this case
I'm working with the To: not the From: ie. my recipe is to respond to my
Bcc'd message and the To: header specifies who's to be added to the list.

Perhaps since I don't care about the message contents ie. they are chucked
I can do something like this.

Swap the From: and the To: and use the same approach?

Anybody following this?

If I am correct Stephen can you consider adding a flag to formail that
canocalizes the mailing address regardless if I'm doing an auto response
or not?