Re: Another good one for your Procmail spam filter

1997-04-12 16:39:00
On Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:10:32 -0400 (EDT),
Robert Nicholson <steffi2(_at_)DGS(_dot_)dgsys(_dot_)com> wrote:
We've established that this is a good way to get a FROM header.
FROM=`formail -rtz -x "To:"`
With this bcc: approach I need to do something similar but in this case
I'm working with the To: not the From: ie. my recipe is to respond to my
Bcc'd message and the To: header specifies who's to be added to the list.

Don't ask me why this works; it just seems to.

    formail -zx From: -r

(Kudos to Philip Guenther as usual for bringing up the funny parsing
of switches in formail in the first place.)

it is my understanding that formail will only "canacolize" the mailing
<...>
canocalizes the mailing address regardless if I'm doing an auto response
or not?

You misspelled "cognacelize". Hope this helps.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>