Re: A nice spam service

1997-07-29 08:16:00
Roderick Schertler <roderick(_at_)argon(_dot_)org> wrote:
lists(_at_)professional(_dot_)org (Professional Software Engineering - Lists
account)
said:
No, as a matter of fact, to POST to this list, you don't even need to
be subscribed to it.  I feel this is a problem, but apparently it
isn't considered a big enough one to FIX it.
This comes up all the time, on this and many other lists.  There is no
good solution to the problem because many people who read and participate
are not subscribed to the list.

It probably would not be difficult to get SmartList to add a
special header mentioning if the sender is a subscriber or not.
In this way only non subscriber posts could be shunted into a
spam filter, greatly reducing false alarms when a real poster
includes spam samples to illustrate a filtering mechanism.

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.