Re: A nice spam service

1997-07-29 12:37:00
        Author: Ian Southam <Ian(_dot_)Southam(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
        Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:53:13 +0100 (BST)

Personally I find overquoting and huge signatures much more irritating
but, that has been a debate in every network I have ever partaken in and I
doubt that anyone will solve it.

I had the huge desire to quote this entire message and put 'me too' at the
end with a huge ascii-art .sig....

Overquoting and huge sigs are quaint Internet problems to most, but annoy me
greatly also.  I often won't respond to Usenet posts where the sig is longer
than 4 lines and the question is less than 4 lines.

I was unsubscribed from one mailing list for asking that they trim their
.sig from 35 lines per message (I even showed them how to get it down to 4).
Nice, eh?

Instead I asked on the list how to trim the whole thing off, and I do that now.

TjL