Re: Spammer-slammer algorithm

1997-10-25 09:55:52
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 you (Walter Dnes) wrote:
I'm not that far past being a procmail beginner myself.  The
mail-lists
aren't re-directed anywhere.  They are part of the first phase of my
filter.  Stuff that isn't addressed to me or one of my subscribed
lists
is "redirected" to /dev/null.  Stuff that gets past that point still
has
to pass the IP address-block test.

OK, Walter, as one beginner to another, can I suggest:

a) one of the really handy features of procmail is being able to
separate out maillists into their own mail boxes.

b) Don't re-direct spam to /dev/null until you're really sure what
you're doing.  I put mine in a mailbox called SpamTrash, and find it
highly educational to inspect this from time to time.  For example, you
can check new spamfilter ideas using this mailbox without having to wait
for new spam to come in.  And of course you might find you're trapping
stuff you don't want to trap.

el bid

el bid