Re: Anti-SPAM recommendations

1998-07-08 16:48:53
At 06:52 AM 7/8/98 -0700, Jacques Gauthier wrote:

if sender is the same as the receiver then it's spam

Hmmm, I've never had this as a problem....

if the receiver isn't my address (or one ot the mailing list I
subscribe to then it's spam

This is one of the techniques that the SpamDunk ruleset uses. The problem
is that mailing lists meet this criteria, and I do not want to have to
manage a list of my subscribed lists. This changes frequently.

The opposite end of the spectrum is something like SpamBouncer, which as I
understand filters on known spammer addresses (eg,
friend(_at_)public(_dot_)com). The
problem here is that this too is a moving target (and much more dynamic
than my list-of-lists).

I was just wondering if there was any product out there that was a sort of
happy medium between the two styles. Hueristic-based, low false-positive
rate, yet with support for an easily edited file of spammer addresses when
necessary.

--bill