Re: Received: after From:

1998-07-09 12:35:34
        Author: era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
        Date:   Thu,  9 Jul 1998 19:14:40 +0300 (EET DST)
        ID:
<13732(_dot_)60331(_dot_)362500(_dot_)687608(_at_)kontti(_dot_)Helsinki(_dot_)FI>

IMHO whitelisting (as in, protect yourself against your own filters;
+not+ meaning, bounce anyone you haven't seen before) is a useful and
necessary part of any successful spam filtering system.

I've had fairly good success with a 'self-updating' white list.

Spammers rarely hit with the same address.  This makes blacklisting bad
addresses nearly useless.

However, most email that I get is from people who have emailed me before.
Each new sender goes through a pretty intensive spam check, and if it passes,
the sender is added to the whitelist.  If it doesn't, it goes to the spam
check.

That way when they email me again, I just check the whitelist before going
through the spam checking.

Works pretty well.

TjL